|WHAT IS HTLV-3?
Jul 7, 2005
I JUST GOT A CALL THEY SAID I HAVE HTLV-3.. IS IT AIDS?
| Response from Dr. Conway
HTLV-3 is the old name of the HIV-1 virus, the virus that causes AIDS. The name change was made official in the mid-1980s and I have not heard the term "HTLV-3" used for many years There remains, however, HTLV-1 and HTLV-2 that can cause problems with the skin, the nervous system and, rarely, blood cancers. These still go by their original names and I wonder if this is what you tested for rather than #3.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Genital Warts If You've Never Had Sex?
- What Kind Of Discharge From A Vagina Comes Along With The Herpes Virus?
- After Five Months Is An HIV Test Conclusive
- Can HIV Symptoms Appear During Window Period?
- Can Swollen Lymphnodes Cause Tight Feeling?
- Can You Get HIV Symptoms After A Week?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.