|using lexapro and went for a test.
Jul 7, 2005
Hi Dr. Brian:
I am on lexapro 20 mg a day for the past 4 months and just went for an HIV test after a low risk exposure. The result came out to be negative. I have been reading these articles. Because I was using lexapro will it cause a false negative in the result of my EIA test for HIV. Please answer.
| Response from Dr. Conway
Lexapro is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), similar to many other agents such as Effexor and Zoloft. None of these drugs interfere with the ability of standard tests to detect anti-HIV antibodies in any way.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Achy Balls After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.