using lexapro and went for a test.
Jul 7, 2005
Hi Dr. Brian:
I am on lexapro 20 mg a day for the past 4 months and just went for an HIV test after a low risk exposure. The result came out to be negative. I have been reading these articles. Because I was using lexapro will it cause a false negative in the result of my EIA test for HIV. Please answer.
Response from Dr. Conway
Lexapro is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), similar to many other agents such as Effexor and Zoloft. None of these drugs interfere with the ability of standard tests to detect anti-HIV antibodies in any way.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Tingling Lips Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Burning Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Touching Sperm Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.