saying goodbye too soon
Jul 6, 2005
Typically how long would a 59 year old man with asymptomatic AIDS with pneumonia have left to live?
Also suffers with fever, night sweats, rash, and tumors. Thanks.
Response from Dr. Conway
This all depends on your CD4 count. As long as it is above 200, your risk of dying over the next few years is very low. If it is, in fact, lower than this, you can help yourself by going on antiretrovirals to increase it and being on appropriate medications to prevent opportunistic infections.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Is Brown Discharge A Symptom Of Vaginal Thrush?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.