First Results After Treatment

Hello I started on Sustiva, Lamivudine and Tenofovir on 25 March this year, with CD4 232 and VL 172,000. Treatment going very well with no unpleasant side effects at all. I had bloods taken on 7 April and received the results last week - CD4 334, VL 1470. Is it normal to get such dramatic results in such a short space of time, and how realistic is it to expect my next set of results to show a similar trend?

Response from Dr. Conway

This is an excellent result, using a simple regimen that has proven efficacy in clinical trials over 3 years or more. Your viral load has gone done 2 logs (99%) over 2 weeks. This is completely consistent with the regimen being extremely effective and shutting down most (if not all) new viral replication. If you are adherent, you can expect the load to continue to decrease over the coming weeks. As for the CD4 count, the initial rapid rise is also often seen with effective regimens, and should be maintained or improved upon over time.

Keep up the good work...

HIV / Seizure Medication Interactions ?
muscle wasting