Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

R278474 how far?
Jul 4, 2005

has the R278474 entered into clinical trials and how is the result so far?

Response from Dr. Conway

This is one of the new "super" non-nucleoside drugs that can work against viruses that are resistant to other compounds in this class, and with a high degree of potency. The structure of the drug was formally published earlier this year. I am not personally aware of the clinical trials plan for this agent, nor could I find any information rapidly from my "usual" sources. As you may know, there is a big conference being held in Brazil later this month (the International AIDS Society meeting) and more information could be available there.

If anyone reading this knows anything more or different, please speak up...

Previous
Is this peripheral neuropathy?
Next
symptoms

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.