Is this peripheral neuropathy?

I've been HIV+ for 15+ years and have been on a combination of Atazanavir, Combivir and Ritonavir for about 1 year now. This combo is working prety well - viral load goes from <50 to ~300, T4 from ~470 -550. All other blood tests (liver function, kidney fuunction) seem to be in the lower range of "normal" (whatever that is...)

But for the past few months I've been having strange senstaions in my feet. It's hard to describe them - almos as though my feet are just about to go to sleep on me. It seems worse if I'm lying down, but there aren't really any patterns.

I've tried to discusshtis with my doctor, but he seems to think that sinxce the drugs are working well, we should leave well enough alone. I'd rather not - what do yout think?

Many thanks

Sensations as you describe in your feet could be due to peripheral neuropathy. A good neurologic and vascular examination and history (including review of other use of other possibly contributing drugs or disease conditions such a diabetse) may help with the diagnosis. Often an examination by neurologist and some special tests (like nerve conduction studies) is useful. The lamivudine component of Combivir can cause peripheral neuropathy in a small subset of patients (your other HIV drugs are even more rarely linked to peripheral neuropathy in my experience). KH

RE:t innitus and dizziness
R278474 how far?