This Question is for Dr. Henry

I Dr. I recently asked you this: on Jun 26, 2005

Hello Dr's, I am currently on Combiviar and Viread and Bactrim. I went back on meds 10mons- I have been HIV+ for 14 yrs. My vl is undectable and my t's are creeping up not at 160. Is it possible that this could be side effects from meds - My doc doesnt really give me a definite answer. I was diagnosed with IBS and acid reflux. I am assuming all this combined maybe causing this. Do you any suggestions or advice. Thank You in advance - DS Your Response was: I am not generally supportive of using 3 nukes for HIV therapy but there are individuals who may do OK with that appraoch. Both AZT and tenofovir can cause GI problems. There are many alternative meds available to try if you are interested in a switch approach after discussing with your HIV doc. KH I addressed this with my doc an I am now on: Norvir, Reyataz & Epzicom. Do you think this is the right solution? I question this is because I am starting to question his way of treating me. Thanks again.

Generally I have had better experience with and am more supportive of your current new regimen than your previous 3 nuke regimen. KH

Lypodystrophy
DDI and PN - to late to switch?