tinnitus and dizziness from meds

Drs- I was diagnosis poz in Dec. 2004.Vl 29,000 t-cell 214.Was put on Sustiva and combivir and immiately got tinnitus. I'm undetectable now and t-cell 240. I couldn't tolorate the Sustive and am now on Viramune and Combvivir. The ringing in my ears is intolerable and I have also been experiencing verdigo. The dizzieness have kept me home a few days. Me doctor did some tests and wants to do an MRI on my brain. Have you heard of anyone experiencing these symptome form these meds?.Thanks

Tinnitus can be due to a wide range of ear or systemic problems (many drugs can cause it as well). Of the drugs you are taking I have had a few patients develop tinnitus from the 3TC component of Combivir. If no other possible cause for the tinnitus is found then a careful trial of switching off (and substituting) your HIV meds may be considered to see if one of the drugs can be pinned down as the most likely cause. KH

Crestor for PI-Caused high triglycerides
rHGH reconstitution