Is Folliculitis contagious?

My Fiance' is HIV+ and I'm -. I have noticed recently a little rash on his face. it's small,round and looks dry and ashy. I asked him does it itch and he says no. It resembles a ringworm, but it's not raised. just a dry spot. It doesn't seem to bother him in the least. It's been there for a couple of weeks and I always ask "what is that?" and he's always like "I don't know." so I drop it, but I keep noticing it so I decided to ask the experts. After reading a few posts, I came across FOLLICULITIS and wondered if that's it. If it is, Is it contagious? Should I be concern that I sometimes sleep on the same pillow case as him and under the same sheets? I haven't seen any sign of me having one as of yet, but I wanted to know if I should take some precautions to avoid getting one...or is it a side effect of his meds and I shouldn't worry. Thanks a bunch.

Folliculitis as you describe would usually not be due to a contagious process. Folliculitis or seborrhea is fairly common in HIV+ persons. When I can't help clear it I refer to a dermatologist. In most cases improvement is noted though it may take several different treatment approaches to find out what works best. KH

Severe Dry Mouth
Diabetes and Norvir