Suspicious not really injected with Sculptra

In Nov 02-Feb 03, I was injected with a series of New-Fill treatments due to marked facial lipoatrophy. I experienced superb results, and with noticable improvements from each treatment (thank you to Dr. Engelhard).

I recently visited a different doctor due strictly to locational convenience (April 2005) for a 'touch up,' but it is now almost 3 months since that treatment and there is ZERO visible improvement. A series of 'red flags' went up sparking my suspicion during my experience with this new doctor, but now that I see no improvement whatsoever, I am suspecting that I was not injected with Sculptra, but perhaps with some other foreign material. Please share with me what recourse/options I might have available to me to determine if this recent doctor fraudulently charged me for, and injected me, with something other than Sculptra. Thank you for any assistance or starting point you can provide.

You should start by discussing with the 2nd doctor including getting the lot number for the Sculpra that was used. Some patients given Sculptra may not see much benefit and need repeated injections. Outcomes may also vary by provider. If you return to your 1st doc and undergo another injection with clear improvement that would raise more concern about the quality of the care given by doctor # 2. If that doctor's office can't give you the lot number for the Sculpra then you can consider complaining to the State Medical Board if futher discussion with his/her office are not helpful. KH

HGH
Severe Dry Mouth