Is it posible to stop sustiva dizziness when you're awake

Hi, I've taken Sustiva for 4 years and to be fair to it, it works. That doesn't mean it's not the spawn of satan though! I work very long and unpredictble hours, so it's impossible for me to take it before going to bed all the time. If I'm awake, within an hour (min - sometimes not until 2 and a half) of taking it, it renders me completely incapable of making any kind of rational decision. I cannot even drive, let alone run a business. It goes off after about an hour and a half. 3 weeks ago I finally gave up on the thing and switched to Nevirapine, but unfortunately I've reacted so badly to it that I ended up in hospital for 2 days. Questions is, do I go back to the devil I know or try something else. Is there anything I can take that can suppress the effects of the sustiva on my brain whilst I'm awake?

Sustiva related problems of that nature can be a real challenge. I am not sure there is a psychotropic medication that fits your scenario well in most cases (resulting in clear benefit). Checking Sustiva levels might help in some cases (to see if you are dosed too high). Otherwise I would often consider use of a protease inhibitor (usually boosted with low dose ritonavir) depending on your treatment and resistance history to avoid your bothersome Sustiva-related side effects (seems unlikely to go away after 4 years). KH

Digestive Enzymes and Truvada/ Sustiva
what are the chances of AIDS and KS