Had fat transfer through liposuction of love handels to face

I just recently had fat transfer through liposuction of my love handels to face..My wasting was very minimal..I have always had a high CD 4 count 500-780 and a relatively low viral load undetectable to 150,000..I have been off meds for 17 months and doing extremely well..Anyway, I did have sculptra injections but really saw very minor improvement injected by my dermatologist..I saw a plastic surgeon who suggested fat transfer and felt it gives better results than sculptra and can last just as long..he feels if sculptra is injected through the squirt and shoot method it does not give good results...what is your opionon on fat injections to sculptra? This surgeon has had patients where fat transfer lasted for years..I did have this done and do see a MUCH better improvement as apposed to the scupltra which I did not see any change at all in two treatments, and as I said my wasting is very slight and it showed very minor improvement..maybe a 30-40% difference as opposed to a 100% improvement with fat transfer...I know some of your doctors think it is expensive and a waste of time because they don't last, but for me the improvement is much better than the sculptra which did not work for me...

We have much to learn about fat-related issues and how to treat them. There may also be wide individual variations in response between patients and different surgeons. There have been reports of fat transplants from areas of excess fat to areas depleted of fat. In some cases the newly moved fat actually increased in size to the point where it was disfiguring (Chipmunk cheeks). Thanks for sharing your experience-send an update in 6-12 months to let us know if you are still pleased with the results. KH

Sun Sensitive
Bloating and Stomach Pains