Sun Sensitive

I take amytriptiline to help me sleep with Sustiva. I also take Viread, Kaltera and Epivir.

I noticed that I have become very sensitive to the sun. I can be out for only 10 minutes and I turn red. It lookslike I am burning. But often the red goes away in a day with no pain or peeling.

What is going on? Can I be in teh sun? Am I really "burning" or is it another reaction. What drug is causing this?

Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate you giving your time

None of the HIV drugs you are taking frequently causes a photosensitivity reaction but they can rarely. Does the rash appear mostly in the areas exposed to the sun or is it generalized. Many drugs (such as sulfa drugs, tetracycline antibiotics, thiazide diuretics and others) can cause photosensitivity. Often an evaluation by a dermatologist can be very helpfulto better define what is going on. KH

alternative treatment
Had fat transfer through liposuction of love handels to face