Acid Reflux & HIV Meds

Help!!! I have been informed by my PCP, Gastro & case manager that GERD is known to be long term side effect from HIV meds. I am currently on 40gr Nexium 2X daily and still each night I have to take ATivan 2mg to sleep! My GERD symptoms are absolute stomach misery, discomfort and border nausea accompanied at times by sweat (light) and I just feel like I want to die!!! Now, some evenings when I have been tired AND sleepy (sleepy is something I have not been for a long long time) I try a night without Ativan; big mistake! Prilo, Aciphex & prevacid never helped. I have had the Upper GI series and(Swallow & endoscopy) and am tired of the situation. My diet has never changed and never includes fast food or prepared; spoiled from youth by excellent fresh diet, I continue that to this day. I am taking Truvada & Viramune, tcells 680, BUT a viral load for the first time in 6 years of only 130 that we are monitoring of course. I have no other diseases of which I am aware and do not get colds, flu, etc. and I am 45 and a long term survivor as I was a participant on the HEP B study of 1978 from which the frozen blood was thawed in 1985 and HIV tested as positive; so 27 years and counting! Am I just going to have to get used to this? That nightime thing is really my main complaint as the daytime is not too bad. I am interested to hear what your take may be ---thank you so much for your time and answer to my query. Matteo

Generally use of Nexium should be OK with Truvada and Viramune. There is a concern about use of Nexium with atazanavir (expect decreased absorption of atazanavir). KH

Lipitor dercreases Efavirenz??
Kaletra and Viagra