Neuropathy 21 days later

Dr. Henry, I am HIV+ and I was reading in another forum that you heard the earliest case of neuropathy starting was within four weeks of one of your patients exposures, but you wouldn't of believed it unless you witnessed it. Maybe you can help answer a question for me. I had neuropathy in both feet 21 days after an my exposure on the 23 day I was tested with a pcr rna and was undectable <400 copies. I was also given an orasure test and that came back negative. Tested again at 2 months and was positive. Ever heard of a case like this.

Thanks for providing information on what happened in your case. I have seen several patients develop some form of neuropathy within 2-4 weeks of becoming HIV infected (due to the HIV). I have also rarely seen patients develop prompt neuropathy (within a month) of starting one of the D drugs (D4T, ddI, and ddC-the latter which is almost never used partly due to problems with neuropathy). KH

Post Herpetic Neuralgia Pain While Sleep
Where are the Medicines with Less Side Effects?