do you expect Lypodystrophy to decrease ?

Now we have more information on the impact of some ARV's compared to others (such as the wasting impact of D4t) and a PI exisits that may reduce fat accumlation (atazanavir), do you think this will lead to a significant reduction in cases of Lypodystrophy? It all seems like good news to me! also, after much exiting talk of the benefitis of Uridine (first mentioned over 2 years ago) all has gone quiet, have people given up, is the news bad or have studies not reported yet?

Having recently seroconverted, this is a hot topic I hope I never have to worry about. Am I being too optimistic?

Thanks, Zed

It does seem like the rate of development of liposystrophy is decreasing with many of the newer combinations of drugs available. However, with patients living longer (thus aging and with more exposure to drugs over the long term)it remains to be seen what will happen over the course of decades of treatment. After an initial positive result from apilot study with uridine, larger and better designed trials are under way. It typicallyu can take several years before results from studies like that are available. KH

light & laser treatments
Side effects in Truvada/Kaletra treatment