Lypodystrophy- a buffalo hump

Over the past 18 months I have developed a buffalo hump and want to explore treatments to eliminate it. I have recently changed regime to Kaletra, Sustiva and Fuzeon. The overall impact on VL and CD4 count has been great. However the buffalo hump seems to worsen. Aside from liposuction are there any other treatments I could be considering? Are there any places that specialized in treatment for this condition?

THe effect of exercise and diet on buffalo hump or other manifestations of fat re-distribution in the setting of treated HIV infection is unclear and variable (often worth trying). Growth hormone may provide some benefit. Studies of growth hormone releasing factor are soon to open in North America. Given your HIV regimen your switch options to other HIV meds may be limited. The usefulness of diabetic drugs or testosterone for fat accumulation is also unclear but under evaluation. The problem of fat accumulation or re-distribution is getting lots of attention both in the general population and in HIV infected persons so alot is being learned about fat that may pay off with better treatment options in the future. KH

Do I have PGL? I'm terrified
dental decay