Jun 13, 2005
A client is suffering from drastic lymphadenapothy in his legs. I know water exercise has been used for Breast Cancer survivors to decrease lymphadenapothy is there a similar treatment for legs? Where can I find more information about this? Thank you!
Response from Dr. Henry
Swelling in the legs can be due to a range of problems (vascular,lymphedema, kidney, liver, heart, nutrition, etc). Your client's HIV doc generally would evaluate the swelling to confirm if it is limited to lymph nodes or involves other structures. Treatment options vary according to the most likely cause. If it is only the lymph nodes that are swollen then looking into why there is swelling may point in the direction treatment may go. KH
Mixed status couple question - missing information
- Coated Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.