Forgetfullness as a side effect?
Jun 8, 2005
Can HIV drug regimines make a person forgettful? I have had many episodes of forgetfulness--forgetting how to get to my house, being at work and forgetting a password amd how to run a machine, driving somewhere and not remembering why I am in the car, etc. I am only 24 so it's not an age thing, and I can't remember if it started with my meds or not.
Response from Dr. Henry
HIV and HIV-related infections can cause brain/memory abnormalities. Certain HIV meds such as Sustiva (Stocrine) can impact brain function. Stress can also lead to forgetfulness. I often get a neuropsych evaluation to more precisely assess memory and cognitive function when patients experience the complaints you describe.KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Touching Vaginal Fluid Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.