semen color

I have what probably is a stupid question but here goes. I have been HIV+ for over 19 years and on meds for 8 years. Currently,I am on combivir and viramune. Up until a year or so ago I was on norvir, fortavase, videx, and another one. I can't remember the 4th on. My question is I am 47 yrs old and in the last few weeks, I have noticed that my semen has turned dark brown. I am undetectible with t-cell count of over 800. Is this the result of aging, the meds or an indication of another problem that I should get checked for? this is a very embarassing question to ask. Thanks

That issue/problem comes up fairly frequently. I am usually at a loss to pin down the cause in the setting of stable HIV meds and decent clinical status. Sometimes a dark color can be due to blood which often appears for unclear reasons. Abnormalities of the seminal vescicle from infection or blood vessel problems can contribute. When that occurs usually it is fairly benign though an evaluation for an infection or malignancy is often advised. Empiric treatment with an antibiotic with prostatic massage is often tried if persistent. KH

Mixed lab results
Zyban for someone one HIV meds