sustiva questions

Hello! I have a question regarding sustiva; it seems that every night the last week, that I have been having nightmare-ish dreams. They have been really bad. I have been on sustiva for about 2 years now and before that they tried viramune and nerviphine and I had a reaction to both medications. The dream I had last night was my sister commiting suicide right infront of me, I woke myself up out of the dream and started having an anxiety attack. I haven't had anxiety problems for about 6 months, I have been working out and taking care of myself, I have not been doing anything out of the "norm" I haven't had any changes in stressful events. I am just worried because I do not want to have these nightmares and then wake up and have panic problems. What is your advice? I do have trazadone I can take if needed, should I consider trying that? Thank you

I have used trazadone is a number of patients with sleep /dream disturbances on Sustiva with generally good results. If all of a sudden you are having more of a problem then you may also need to review what type of food you are having with the Sustiva (ie high fat foods may increase the levels).You may want to have your levels checked. You need to discuss with your HIV doc and pharmacist. KH

HIV and Malaria prevention medication
Prevention of Pancreatitis