Vomitting feeling

Dear Doctor., I'm 23 yo man my cd4 is 280 (tested last month),I'm on azt150+3tc+crixivan+norvia for two weeks now,my problem is i have the feeling of vomitting and lot of gas in my stomach all the time and this make me cant eat much..,i cant eat solid food as i always vomit it out..i always drink syrup or fluid food..and this make me lost 5 kgs already..,so my question is.., 1.How long it will take for this vomitting feeling?or it will last as long as i take these pill? 2.my doctor suggest to reduce azt from 150 to 100mg..would this be help ? Thank you in advance..,

For many patients the GI symptoms will diminish over the first several weeks to months but it can be a rough time.If the AZT is the main culprit then switching from AZT to D4T or tenofovir for at least a while might help and sort out whether it is indeed the AZT. Many patients on their first ritonavir boosted regimen (including Crixivan) have all sorts of GI complaints initially. I assume you are first eating and then taking the HIV meds with a full stomach. Anti nausea meds such as metoclopramide, compazine, marinol--help some patients. KH

PEP and lower adominal pain
allergies and PEP treatment