May 25, 2005
I completed a one month course of PEP (combivir and viracept) 6 days ago. I am still feeling a little malaise and have a low grade headache. I do not have diarrhea anymore, however. Is this just residual side effects (if so, how long can they last)? Or, is this evidence of possible acute HIV infection (stuck in the OR during an AIDS case with a scissors).
Response from Dr. Henry
Most likely residual side effects from your PEP. Standard of care after an exposure would be several additional HIV tests over the next 2-5 months to demonstrate that your are not infected. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Tingling Lips A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Black Spots After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Used Condom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.