Rheumatic Fever associated with HIV?

I've been positive for 6 years and have been on drug treatment for the last 2. My viral load is undetectable and my last CD4 was 290. Recently I had strep throat that was treated with 2 courses of antibiotics, but never quite got better. I returned to the Dr. last week because of sore and swollen ankles and knees. The doctor said it was rheumatic fever and that it was likely not HIV related. My understanding is that rheumatic fever is rare. Are there links between HIV and theumatic fever?

To my knowledge there is not a clear increase in rheumatic fever in HIV+ patients compared to the general population though the two relatively common conditions do occur in the same unlucky patients. KH

alchohol use with HIV meds
Molluscum Contagiousum