vitamin b12 help lipo?

I would just like to ask if it's true that vitamin B12 helps stop the progression of lypodystrophy. I've read it on some sites. I am currently on Viramune and Combivir and are tolerating them quite well the only problem being my skinny legs and bloated stomach. Please write any useful advice. Quite desparate...

Response from Dr. Conway

I am not aware of any data on B12 helping lipodystrophy. it certainly can help certain forms of neuropathy associated with B12 deficiency, though.

As for what you can do, if your viral load is undetectable, you can switch the one medication you are on that has been associated with lipodystrophy (the zidovudine part of Combivir) to another agent to prevent or slow down progression. Some people are just swtiching Combivir to Truvada for this purpose. Exercise programs (weight and cardiovascular training) seem to help. Of other medical interventions, the only one reliably shown to help is human growth hormone, which is quite expensive, unless you have third party coverage.

Test
I'v tried all the medications, What next?