acid reflux

Howdy. I'm using Gaviscon foam tabs for acid reflux and it seems to work. I saw posted that this interferes with the HIV meds which are causing the acid reflux. What should I do?

Stats: undet/600/combivir/viramune/ no other side effects / rash for 4 days weeks past

Diet: reflux comes after pills no matter what or whether I eat...

Thanks!

Response from Dr. Conway

Gaviscon and other similar antacid preparations can interfere with the absorption of some antiviral medications. Frotunately, this is not the case for anything you are taking (the zidovudine/lamivudine of Comnbivir or the Viramune). Feel free to keep taking your HIV medications (they seem to be working great for you) and also work with your doctor to treat the reflux as you both see fit.

Bitten Police Officer
Test