May 20, 2005
I live in Holland and have had a problem with central adiposity for years. I have recently heard of an 'invasive' surgical procedure that addresses this issue. Do you have any information about this?? What would be the potential risks/drawbacks??
Response from Dr. Henry
I have not een much on surgery for central (visceral or deep within abdomen) surgery. Liposuction has been used for subcutaneous fat increases with variable success. If any reader is aware of good published data or good anecdotal experiences they are encouraged to post them on this site. KH
- HIV Risk After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
- HIV Risk Of Sucking Breast
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Touching Vagina
- AIDS Infection Risk Touching An Open Scab
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.