May 20, 2005
I live in Holland and have had a problem with central adiposity for years. I have recently heard of an 'invasive' surgical procedure that addresses this issue. Do you have any information about this?? What would be the potential risks/drawbacks??
Response from Dr. Henry
I have not een much on surgery for central (visceral or deep within abdomen) surgery. Liposuction has been used for subcutaneous fat increases with variable success. If any reader is aware of good published data or good anecdotal experiences they are encouraged to post them on this site. KH
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fever After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Condom Leak Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- What Kinds Of Infections Could Cause A Brown Discharge?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.