Ziagen HSR!!

Dear Doctor,

Thank you for taking the time to read my question. I have been on Epzicom and Sustiva for the last two weeks. Yesterday I began to notice a rash that began to appear on my entire body. Although it did not cause any discomfort, it still worried me due to the potential HSR side effects of abacavir. Please tell me doctor, should I be worried? I also had a very mild fever a few hours later. This was the first time I had noticed this reaction. Thank you for your time.

A skin rash due to abacavir is fairly common. If no other symptoms develop then can often treat through. A documented fever would be another sign of possible hypersensitivity. I would keep your HIV doc informed of each symptom and consider having him/her see the rash and evaluate further if the rash persists and/or other symptoms develop. KH

Combivir and Stocrin (Urine and Blood Tests)
Lipo Surgery