Growth Hormone Dosage
May 17, 2005
What is the current dosage recommendation for removing visceral fat? I hear the FDA may approve it for lipodystrophy. Any idea when? Thanks for all your help.
Response from Dr. Henry
The optimal initial dose of growth hormone for fat increases (often 2-4 mg/day)and the optimal maintenance dose is still under study (doses like 2 mg every other day have been looked at). THe drug is very expensive (can cost > $30,000/year) and can trigger diabetes and bone pain as well as other problems. Growth hormone releasing factor is also under study. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Vaginal Discharge A Symptom Of HIV?
- Burning Penis After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rash After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.