Eye Floaters and HIV Medications

I read through some of the archive about this issue; somewhat relieved that I'm not the only person experiencing.

I'm also a computer geek (profession) and an artist - and I am fairly certain that the HIV drugs I've been taking (Reyataz, Viread, Norvir, 3TC) have caused a significant increase in eye floaters.

From what I read, this is a still-unknown-and-untreated category, since floaters are a common ailment. They are not, in my opinion, only caused by acute HIV infection (ie: CMV), but can be affected by the medications we take - take for example the lipodystrophy issues with D4T and Crixivan.

From my search over the net, I found a couple of doctors in America that claim to be able to remove these floaters via laser surgery - depending upon your situation. I am curious about it.

Clearly, this is a pervasive problem, and I wonder if any HIV researchers are looking into the matter and if there are perhaps other ways to help remedy the problem, other than something severe like a vitrectomy (only done in the most severe of cases).

The problem, for me, is depressing - because I see these things in my direct line of sight all the time, and it's hard to work as an artist with it, etc.

Thank you.

Floaters as you mention are very common and to my knowledge have not been linked to any particular HIV medication or regimen to an appreciable degree. I would be curious if you have any success in having your floaters safely and durably treated since what I usually hear from ophthalmolgists is that they generally recommennd no intervention at this time. Floaters are very annoying to a wide range of patients so effective treatment would have a large potential market. KH

First Results After Treatment
Lyposidostrophy and Bio-Alcamid