drug holiday

This is "O" from South Africa again. I have resistant to combivir and Stocrin, right now I am on videx,zerit and norvir and viracept, but suddenly as I wrote ealier after taking megestrol, I have all these problems, from high cholestrol to triglyceride problems and a highish BP plus a bloated stomach that is painful all the time and full of air and huge!! I am female and it makes me sad. I wrote ealier, about this but please if I consider a drug holiday at this stage what happens. Last count CD4 251 my viral load since I statrted this regimen has always been < 50. I am really tired. I wonder if it can rectify some of these problems. I think I have the mental capacity to take it if I can... Please help!!

Stopping HIV meds is not advised if your CD4 count has been below 200 and/or you have had an AIDS defining condition (off meds your immune system reverts back to the pre-treatment state putting you back at risk for AIDS-related problems). WIth the resistance you have that complicates matters. Switching off D4T to tenofovir and off ddI to 3TC or Combivir may still be advisable from the lipid/fat standpoint. If saquinavir is available as a PI you might get better ritonavir boosting with no worse or perhaps better fat/lipid problems. Exercise and diet are still recommended. KH

All the bad things at once!!
HIV / Seizure Medication Interactions ?