Question about my HIV counts

Hi, I have been HIV positive since 1999, since then I pretty consistant with my counts. I just had gotten my blood drawn and my counts were CD4: 458, CD8: 528, and my viral load has been undetectable. I am wondering if that is "good" or if I have cause for concern. Thank you.

Melissa

Response from Dr. Conway

This is excellent and indicates a well preserved immune system. If you are not on therapy, there is no need to start as your body is handling the virus quite well on its own. All you need to do is keep healthy, avoid any risk behaviour that may lead to you being exposed to the virus again (a situation that may accelerate disease progression) and keep having your blood tests repeated 3-4 times/year.

"Viral load effect on medication effectiveness"
All the bad things at once!!