is this one of the side effects?

Can HIV treatment cause male impotence or is it a psychological problem? I'm thinking my fiance' just isn't attacted to me or maybe he's just too tired to be bothered. I was also thinking that ever since he told me about his + result, that maybe he is just worried about infecting me and does not want to take any chances..... which unfortunately leaves me celibate at 35 years old...when I'm supposed to be in my prime. If it is in fact a physical condition, can Viagra or Levitra really help him with this problem?

For many patients worry about HIV and transmission concerns can impair libido and sexual performance (psychological effects). Evaluation by his HIV doc of male hormone levels and for other possibly related conditions (i.e. diabetes) is often done in that setting. Viagra like drugs can help many patients though there are many potential drug interactions (i.e with protease inhibitors) that have to be considered. KH

Diabetic and Lipo concerns after 18years on meds
Aching Joints at Night