Diabetic and Lipo concerns after 18years on meds

Been on meds for 18 years, currently sustiva, combivir,atorvastatin for cholestrol and fenofibrate for triglicirides. my current labs indicated high triglicyrides at 529, cholestrol at 221, glucose at 120, and suprisingly my tcells at 710. This is all showing a precursor to diabetes and i'm overwelmed at this point in my life with to much meds going into me again, like in the old days, don't get me wrong i'm still happy to be around. what would you continue doing?

Increased lipids and pre-diabetc state are common on the general population and often increase with age. Genetics and environmental factors (diet and exercise) are key factors. The contribution to those abnormalities by HIV meds or HIV infection is still being evaluated. For some patients switching their HIV meds around a bit (i.e. abacavir for AZT and nevirapine or atazanavir for Sustiva) may help some (advisability depends on pasat treatment history, resistance, tolerability etc). Fish oil and niacin and Zetia may be additional treatment options for some. Your HIV specialist coupled with a lipid specialist are the best folks to individualize advice in your case. KH

stomach pains
is this one of the side effects?