PEP and no dose sched
May 2, 2005
My bf is on a PEP and the doc didn't tell him what sched to take these toxic pills. just prescribed Crixivan, retrovir, and i think Epivir. He thinks he has a heart problem. Should he have gotten a schedule. he's taking 4 pills at once 3 times a day and 1 twice a day. What should i do? Help I dont want him to have heart attack
Response from Dr. Henry
It is unlikely that 4 weeks of HIV meds taken during PEP would trigger a heart attack--those problems generally take many years to develop. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Type Of People Can't Catch The Hiv Virus?
- When A Person Is Incarcerated Do They Get Tested For Hiv And Std?
- Can You Get Hiv Symptoms In Two To Three Days After Exposure?
- How Long Should A Person Wait After Intercourse To Get An Hiv Test?
- Neuropathy After Back Surgery
- How Does Hiv Affect The Male Reproductive System?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.