You Are My son's Physician!

Dr. Henry,

Thank you for your most timely response to my recent question regarding BP lowering meds for my 40yr old son. I was quite surprised to learn, after reading Timothy your response, that you are, in fact, his physician. I understand doctor/patient confidentiality and will not contact you further at this forum, however, I do want you to know that I am concerned about Tim's BP elevation as essential hypertension runs in our family. I was diagnosed at age 28 and have been on antihypertensives for 30yrs. My father and grandfather both died early of cardiovascular events. Timothy states to me that since his BP "has always tended to run towards the borderline high end anyway" that it is of minimal concern to him. I totally disagree, especially in light of his condition and will continue to urge him to QUIT SMOKING and work with various medications to get his pressures lower. Thanks for your time and for being an excellent caregiver to my first born and very much loved son.

I am clued in to the BP issue. If the problem persists or worsens I often involve one of our BP specialists and pharmacists to notch up how aggressive we can be. The patient in question often doesn't tolerate new medicine well so I try to be selective and cautious so I can interpret any new symptoms that develop. KH

AIDS related bone pain, who knew?
Dermalive