AIDS related bone pain, who knew?

I sure didn't know it was even a possibility untill I was diagnosed with it this year. I've been suffering from debilitating pain for at least two years and it has stumped everyone. It seems such a meaningless blanket ststement to just chock it up to AIDS and feed me painkillers. I sleep all the time, have no energy and anything I do manage to do knocks me down for days after. I'm a long term survivor and I just find it hard to accept that nothing can be done about correcting my condition. My pain specialist tells me I'm not the only person out here with this problem, yet all he's able to tell me is it's caused by AIDS and he'll do his best to keep me comfortable. Please help me, I'd like to be able to live again and right now I'm simply a zoombie. Thank you!

Bone pain per se does seem usual to blame on "AIDS". Symptom control is important but certainly an evaluation of why (hidden infection, endocrine problem, bone problem) would seem to be warranted. I would discuss with your HIV specialist. KH

HIV Medication/Menier's Disease
You Are My son's Physician!