Subtype N

Dr. Henry, Please Help. You previously indicated in one of your responses that you have heard of several cases in either the United States or Europe of people infected with the Group N strain who immigrated from Africa. Please tell me whether this is true. This article http://www.retroconference.org/2004/cd/Abstract/145.htm seems to indicate otherwise, indicating that only 6 cases in Cameroon have been identified as group N infection. Who should I believe? Initially I wasn't particularly worried about the Group N strain, but your post stating that you have heard of several cases of people with the Group N strain outside of Africa has me extermely worried. Please clarify. Are there cases of people in the United States or Europe carrying the group N strain?

I am aware of just several cases of type 0 HIV found in African patients who have immigrated to North America but am unware of any type N HIV in North America (reported from Cameroon from what I recall). KH

viramune: rash and resolving sustiva depression
Serostim-No Weight Gain