fat in Shoulder blades?

after 8 years on crix azt epivir norvir + lipitor my doc switched me to norvir truvada rayataz lipitor due to high Cholesterol (225 while on lipitor , tcells in the 1000s, undetectable).

Now Cholesterol is down to 170 after 4 months but i am geting 2 large fat bumps near the Shoulder blades. Not a Buffalo hump in the center. My doc thinks this is strange since the new meds should be better than the old ones for lipodystrophy. Could switching have caused this? they are getting huge and embarassing. should i switch back, have surgery, try new combo?

It sounds like those lumps could be due to lipomas which are benign but often annoying fatty tumors. Your new regimen should be better in general for fat-related issues. The natural history of lipomas can be variable in both HIV+ and - persons so it can be difficult to link a cause and effect in many patients. I have had some patients develop lipomas which then stabilized or decreased in size without any particular intervention. The science of fat is still in its relative infancy so our understanding of why lipomas occur and what to do about them is limited. For large lipomas I have referred to surgery. I would not be confident that switching back to your prior regimen would clearly help. KH

eyesight problem
Abdominal pain with Viread/Reyataz