nausea, depression

weeks ago I started meds, i.e Combivir and another drug I takes 3 pills 2 times a day called Kelatra, which contains lopinovir and retinovir. in the first 48 hours i felt ill, sick all the time. i felt depressedand i did not know what to do. i was well before taking these tablets, but it all changed after these tablets. i wanted to leave myfull time job because i could not face the side effects. i get morning sicknes like a pregnant woman. l have lost my appetite but increased my weight. Explain what l can do doctor and how l can get this over or how long will it last.

A significant percentage of patients will feel lousy during the first weeks of that regimen. The good news is that your regimen is extremely effective at reducing HIV levels and avoiding resistance (which makes it more likely you can do well long term). You need to discuss with your HIV doc since there are a host of meds that can help your specific symptoms. In my experience we can successfully manage the side effects and after 4-6 weeks the body often adjusts to the meds. For the minority of patients with persistent symptoms then a switch to an alternative regimen is made (in the western countries there are usually many options available). KH

fatrecovery
thiamine vit b6 ??