Looking for a way to boost my natural testosterone production

I have been poz for over 15 years, am on sustivia,and Epzicom. My health has always been great, and I am 41 and in very good shape. However I just do not have the energy or sex drive or sensation I had just 5 or 6 years ago. My health is very well monitored and my testosterone always falls into the "normal" range. But of course there is no way to know what my normal level should be pre hiv or pre meds. Here is my question, is there something I can take to boost my own natural production of testosterone, a precurser or something? I do not want to take testosterone (well mainly because my doc will not prescribe it for me) but also I do not want to shut off my own natural production of it and be stuck having to take it. I have a very good diet and do take suplements, however I do not eat a great deal of red meat. Any ideas?

First off, I agree you shouldn't take supplemental testosterone if you are not hypogonadal. However, merely having a total testosterone level that falls into the "normal" range is not sufficient to say you don't need testosterone supplementation. If your "Mr. Happy" hasn't been so happy lately and your "get up and go" feels like it "got up and went," I'd definitely suggest you check your "free testosterone," which is the active component of your total testosterone. If it's low, supplementation is warranted.

As for ways to boost your own natural production of testosterone, the very best is exercise. Yep, strenuous exercise not only makes you look better naked, but it actually boosts testosterone output, so you perform better when naked as well.

DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) is a substance in the steroid family which is still available over the counter, but only because it has special legal protections granted by Congress. In the body DHEA is metabolized into androstenedione and then into testosterone. It is the only anabolic steroid not banned or controlled by the Drug Enforcement Administration. You may ask why. Good question!!!! As it turns out DHEA received a special Congressional exemption as a result of one single member of Congress Senator Orin Hatch (Rep. from Utah). And guess which state is a nexus for vitamin and supplement (including DHEA) production and distribution? Yep, Utah! Senator Hatch's son Scott Hatch is a lobbyist for National Nutritional Foods Association, a trade association for the dietary supplement industry and companies that make DHEA. Hatch pushed the special exemption bill quietly through Congress last year at the very moment the steroid abuse scandal was grabbing national headlines and just months before Congress held hearings on steroid abuse in baseball! Fascinating isn't it? I mention this only to advise and warn you that DHEA is an anabolic steroid that could indeed have the same dangerous side effects as testosterone. The only reason it's still on the market is the father-son Hatch team from Utah. Don't you just those "moral values" guys?

OK, stud, I'll see you at the gym, OK?

Fatique and Haart
CClean Life Style