|Haart Interactions with Cymbalta
Apr 13, 2005
I am on a nice once a day regimen of Viramune/Truvada and I also take diovan for high blood pressure and Testim for low testosterone.
I was recently prescibed Cymbalta by my doc after it seems as if Lexapro isn't working as well long term.
Is Cymbalta ok to take with this HAART combo?
Response from Dr. Henry
Cymbalta and Viramune probably are OK to use together though I am unaware of published drug interaction data. I have a number of patients on either NNRTIs (like Viramune) or protease inhibitors who are now taking Cymglata without obviousproblems though I think patients should be observed carefully for now. KH
Lipid Abnormalities and Non-NRTI Treatment Strategies....
- What Are Symptoms Of The Second Stage Of Hiv?
- Can You Test Negative For Hiv A Year After Exposure?
- Safety Precautions To Take With People Living With Hiv
- Have There Been Any Cases Of Transmission Of Hiv By Skin Contact
- What Would Happen If You Had Sex With Someone That Had Genital Warts?
- What If Chlamydia Doesn't Go Away?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.