Apr 11, 2005
What do you perceive are the three largest health issues effecting people living with HIV/AIDS?
Response from Dr. Conway
This is a very broad question, but I would have to say:
1. Doing all they can to stay as healthy as possible, as they may well live out their entire natural lifespan with HIV. It is important to think about the long term.
2. Doing all they can to not transmit HIV or acquire another strain of it that could lead to disease progression.
3. Identifying a health care provider with whom they can establish a relationship of trust to help them make the important decisions that will be required throughout the course of the infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Hair Loss A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Sore On Penis After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- 6 Months Hiv Test Was Nonreactive After Unprotected Oral Sex
- At What Stage Of Hiv Do You Get Itching
- California Laws For Partner Notification For HIV
- Can Someone Else Get Stds By Touching Your Sperm?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.