Sustiva Rash

I started my first treatment 2 weeks ago with Abacavir, 3Tc, and Sustiva. After 10 days my doctor diagnosed hypersensitivity reaction to abacavir. I discontinued the abacavir and replaced it with tenofovir. Two days after stopping the abacavir I broke out in a rash from feet to neck. My doctor believes it may be from the sustiva. It has been 4 days since the rash occured. It is no longer getting any worse although it is not getting any better. I had two medical consultations. One doctor said the rash may go away and be patient. My primary doctor is inclined to change the sustiva to Kaletra. How long does the sustiva rash last? What are your thoughts on my working through this? This is the only significant side effect I now have.

Marc

Once into the rash I often would try to treat through if it has stabilized and the symptoms can be managed. The rash often will fade over 1-4 weeks in my experience. KH

sleep problem
Discolored nails