Influenza & Serostim

Dear Doctor(s):

After being on Serostim for about two weeks (with good results), I caught the flu from my roommate. When I began getting quite a bit of fever, I became a little afraid and discontinued the Serostim. I was worried that perhaps I was developing some kind of side effect or reaction from the Serostim although I haven't read that fever or flu-like symptoms are "typical" side effects of this medication.

Now, almost a week has past and I'm certain that what I've had has been the flu, which is better but not over yet. My question is as follows: Is it generally considered safe to maintain or restart Serostim therapy with the presence of the flu or flu-like symptoms (fevers, chills, body aches, etc.)? In other words, is it okay to restart Serostim with the flu or would it be advisable to wait a few more days until the fevers have completely subsided and start the Serostim again?

When I began the Serostim therapy, my main side effects were joint and muscle aches, nothing more.

Your opinion will be appreciated. Thank you.

From what you described it generally would be OK (with your HIV docs permission) to re-start the Serostim and observe carefully how you do. KH

followup question for 'Viread and Urinary Problems"
Arthralgia/Myalgia