The Wart That Won't Die

I'm HIV positive with chronic Hep B since the late '80s. I currently have a wart on the edge of my thumb which has crept under the nail and is very tender and painful at times. My dermatologist has been freezing it every 3 weeks for the past 10 months. I've told him we have a treatment failure here and have begged him to laser it all out. He refuses to do this because he says it won't work. Because my immune system is suppressed, it's taking a longer time to treat it.

Ten months is too long to not see any improvement. My question is, why wouldn't laser surgery be an option here? It's worked on plantar warts I've had, why not here?

Thank you. Stan Stoj

Warts can be extremely frustrating to treat and permanently clear. I don't have any experience with laser treatment of warts in that region so I have to defer to your dermatologist opinion--you could get a 2nd opinion from another dermatologist as an option. KH

Viread and urinary problems
Lipodystrophy Concerns