sustiva and moderate/severe rash

after seven days into treatment with once-daily sustiva/truvada, i developed a rash that is moderate at best (prior to this combo, i was treatment-naive). i'm now at day nine, and the rash has not yet abated in severity (my entire body is covered with slightly raised red blotches, though no blistering/scaling at this point). i have told my physician that i would like to try to push through this since other side effects are minimal with this combo. he has prescribed some predisone and recommended benadryl/allegra to try to control the histamine reaction. my two questions are (sorry for sneaking in two!): 1. is it reasonable to hope that i can eventually clear a moderate/severe rash caused by the sustiva? my physician has seen numerous cases of viramune-based rashes that eventually go away, but is unsure whether it is reasonable to try to make it through a sustiva-induced one. 2. does the above course of action seem reasonable to try to control the appearance of the rash? thanks for any insight!

Often Sustiva rashes can be treated through if watched carefully. Usually prednisone has not been too helpful. I have also seen some benefit with Trazadone along with the antihistamines you are taking. KH

meds side effect
RE: wondering and scared