Switching from Emtriva/Viread to Truvada

I have been on meds since April of 2004 when I started a regimen of Norvir, Lexiva, Emtriva & Viread. At my last doctor's appointment, my doctor had me stop the Emtriva & Viread and start Truvada on 2/17. About 2 weeks later, I began experiencing slight dizzy spells with lightheadness. My thinking gets really foggy when this happens and I sometimes lose my train of thought. I asked the pharmacist at the HIV clinic I go to if this could be a side effect from the Truvada since this is the only thing different I am taking. She didn't seem to think so since I was already on Emtriva and Viread, the ingredients in Truvada. I'm not sure what to think because I haven't felt myself since I started the Truvada. Have you heard or read of any similiar complaints from patients who switched regimens like me? Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give...it is greatly appreciated!

I haven't encountered that problem in patients I have switched from Emtriva/Viread to Truvada. If those symptoms persist then I would consider opting to go back to the Emtriva/Viread within several weeks to see if the symptoms resolve. KH

HIV, Anemia & Vision Problems
meds side effect