Your reply to my 3/25/05

Yes, I had the wrong spelling. Back to my original question, can this have the side effects (after completed from a 30+ day treatment) continue on for a long period of time? Mine went on (the same ones I started with 2 days after starting meds), until a year later when I finally had surgery to correct it. In all the information of side effects and the medicine i had looked up, it all says that these two meds have not been around long enough or used long enough to know the long term effects. What is your opinion on this. Also, what is the third medicine that is used with this HIV "coctail" you were speaking of? Thanks for your help, court is getting close.

The 3rd drug is most drug combinations is either a protease inhibitor or a non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor. For most (99%) of side effects due to HIV drugs taken for a month-the symptoms would resolve once the drugs stopped over weeks to months. It is possible to have a genetic predisposition or an idiosyncratic susceptibility (I have seen 1 patients develop acute peripheral neuropathy within weeks of starting D4T) but overall that is very usual to have symptoms induced by 4 weeks of HIV drugs persist one year later. KH

Sustiva Epzicom high fat meals and dosage times
Are we sure its the meds?