facial lesions

I have been getting circular facial lesions,fill with clear fluid-for 2 years now. My meds are:ampren,trizivr,norvir. I have been to derm.rounds recieved diagonsis's of discoid lupus herpes,reaction to sun.(all were wrong)At this point my face is all scared up and I'm extremely depressed-Is there any thing I can do-Or will this unknown thing just completely disfigure me-please help-I can't deal with this anymore

Response from Dr. Boyle

Well, it is really tough to diagnose a rash without actually seeing it or getting a lot of information about various aspects of it. But, while some of the antiretrovirals you are on can cause rashes, I have not seen a rash like you are describing associated with the antiretrovirals you are currently taking. Have you had a biopsy to confirm the diagnosis? Have you sought a second opinion from another dermatologist? If these haven't been done, I would pursue them promptly and I would also evaluate all other medications you are on to determine if any one of them is associated with rashes consistent with what you are experiencing. Despite the fact that I don't think that the rash is medication related, if the start of the rash coincided with the start of a certain medication or if there is some other indication that a medication is involved, I would discuss with your doctor the possibility of holding that medication to see what happens. BB

Swollen lymph nodes because of drug
Resistance test takes too long!!!